October is Fire Prevention Month. Read these fire safety tips.

Clean Response is often referred by first responders to the aftermath of a fire because of our speed, but more importantly because of our respect for the property and owners. We’ve seen how devastating a fire can be, and we want to bring awareness to fire safety methods that can keep you safe. According to the National Fire Protection Association, there are more than 300,000 home fires of various degrees nationwide each year.  

Here are some of the top fire hazards and safety tips from the Minnesota State Fire Marshal’s office and NFPA:

  1. Your house is filled with flammable belongings, such as carpet, curtains, sheets, clothing, and bathroom products.  Cigarette butts and ashes can fall on these objects and easily start a fire.  We recommend smoking outside, and always checking to make sure the cigarette is completely out before throwing it in the trash.
  2. Never leave a room with a candle still burning, or let children play with candles.  The National Fire Protection Association states that around 10,630 fires and 155 deaths result from an unattended burning candle that spreads fire. If you must use them, Clean Response suggests placing candles where children cannot reach them, and always keep them in enclosed candle holders. Click here to read more about how kids, kittens, and candles do not mix well together.
  3. Drying machines. Clothes dryers can easily spark a fire if lint screens are not cleaned.  Clean your lint screens every time before using your dryer, and clean your vent ductwork once a year to reduce the chance of a fire.
  4. The kitchen is the most common room in a house for a fire to begin; two-thirds of kitchen fires start due to burnt food or excessive grease, so it is imperative to be extra attentive when using your stove, oven, microwave, or toaster.  If your food does start on fire, put a lid over the pot or appliance and turn off/unplug the appliance. For fires in the oven, keep the door closed and turn off the oven. Lack of oxygen should starve the fire.

We strongly encourage that you have working fire detectors and fire extinguishers in your house, as these will help minimize any fire damages. A fire can get out of control within three minutes on average. Go to a safe location outside and call 911. If you do face fire damage, Clean Response’s fire restoration services are always there to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Property can be restored. Your life is the most important possession to save in the event of fire.

Ask Clean Response about our annual fire safety seminar for insurance agents.

 

Guaranteed 1 hour response 24/7



(651) 646 3408
"They brought their industrial-sized dehumidifiers and fans, which minimized the amount of water damage compared to what it could have been."

Zack K., Minneapolis

"Ron Bauer and the whole crew treated me like I was their mom or grandma, like they would want things done for their own family. They even brought me flowers when I moved back in."

Nancy, Minneapolis

"Clean Response quickly assessed the situation...they set a plan in motion that completely took care of the water damage. The damaged walls are now back to new."

Tim, Chaska

"...They definitely knew what they were doing, and once they arrived, I didn't worry about it anymore."

Julie, St. Paul

"They were terrific. Quick on the initial response, extremely good at communicating. "

Penny, Minneapolis

"Our sewer backed up while we were on vacation. Clean Response did the initial clean up and also did the repairs. Carpeting was replaced and also a bathroom vanity. They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them"

Steve, Edina

Director General