Looking forward to a nice long weekend to honor our veterans and U.S. armed forces? Here at Clean Response, we hope you enjoy your time with family and friends during this Memorial Day weekend — and also stay safe.
Fires in Minnesota homes most commonly start from unattended cooking or grilling, leading to home damage as well as injuries. Read these tips, courtesy of the American Red Cross, to take extra precautions around your grill. Stay attentive and responsive!
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill indoors – not in your house, camper, tent, or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, including the pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, the deck, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
- Use the long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill to keep the chef safe.
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using grills.